The Society’s quarter peal weekend will be held on 14 and 15 September in the Peak District.
Denise Hughes has been busy putting together the programme. Many of the towers have been confirmed and include:
- Tideswell, the Cathedral of the Peak
- Eyam, in the village of historical significance in relation to the ‘Plague’
- Bamford-in-the-Peak, included because of particular requests.
- Baslow, in the lovely village by Chatsworth House
- Wetton, where two of our members ring
- Youlgrave, open ringing on the recently augmented twelve to finish the weekend.
It is hoped to have three Quarter Peal attempts running simultaneously in each of the three slots, 9.30, 11.30, and 2.30 during each day. There will be time for coffee and socializing between each. There will be twenty ropes available at any one time.
There will be a final tower each day with open ringing for all to allow us to ring together as a Society. This will be a chance for us all to get to know each other as well as the other opportunities over lunch.
Anyone interested in coming to the event please fill in the form below or contact Denise on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01260 253715.
Originally published at OpUSCR.